The Mad River Resource Management Alliance (MRRMA) serves the Vermont communities of Fayston, Moretown, Roxbury, Waitsfield, Warren, and Waterbury to provide assistance in the management of a variety of waste management systems.
MRRMA announces updates as a result of issues related to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Composting Workshop scheduled for April 25 at the Steele Room at the Waterbury Municipal Office has been postponed until August 15, 2020.
- Composting Workshop scheduled for June 6, 2020 at the Waitsfield Municipal Office is still scheduled, but may be postponed depending on unfolding events. If you are interested in participating in the workshops, our Soil Saver Compost Bins are available at a reduced price through the MRRMA.
- Spring Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection has been canceled.
- Fall HHW Collection is still scheduled for Saturday, October 3, 2020 at Harwood Union High School from 9-1. We recommend that you store household hazardous waste in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated location, inaccessible to children or pets. Please do not dispose of HHW down the drain or in the trash. Keep the HHW in original containers with original labels and check the containers that your products are in. If necessary, over-pack them with additional containment to prevent any leaks or spills.
- Green Up Day currently is postponed until May 30, 2020, but be aware that conditions may modify activities during the event. Flexibility is key to this and most everything else we are doing these days. When Green Up Day activities occur, we will hold a tire collection where Green Up tires found along the roadsides, streams, and fields will be accepted at no charge - and all other car and pick-up truck tires will be accepted at a fee of $3 each. More information on time and location for these activities will be forthcoming. Anytime you are out walking in a socially distanced manner, bring a garbage bag along to collect and store debris you find. Remember Green Up Day is really every day.
- Earthwise Transfer Station in Waitsfield is operates 8am - 3pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8am - 1pm on Saturday.
- Rodney’s Rubbish Transfer Station in Waterbury is open Wednesday - Friday, 9am - 4pm and Saturday, 8am - 2pm. His bottle redemption center closes half an hour before the transfer station.
- A & J Recycling located behind the Village Grocery in Waitsfield is open 7am -12pm on Saturday.